Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professional (Barbering)
The Academy is able to offer a Level 2 Diploma for Barbering Apprentices.
This is a day release programme which lasts up to 24 months.
You will be at The Academy for one day a week and the rest of the week working in a salon
Mandatory Units covered:
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp hair
- Cut hair using barbering techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish men's hair
- Cut facial hair into shape
- Shaving services
To be accepted onto this course, you normally are required to have:
- A minimum of 3D's but Cs are preferred
- A strong commitment to working in the industry
You will need people, friends, family to practice on, The Academy will help with some clients but you will need to find some clients yourself.
The Academy will work with your employer so you meet the requirements of your Apprenticeship. You will be supported until:
- You are confident and consistent with your barbering skills.
- You are able to provide an excellent service to clients.
- You can work in a professional manner that is expected by clients and employers.
You will need:
- A full tool kit
- Writing materials, note book, pens etc.
- Course work folder and plastic wallets.